Terms & Conditions
Papa Bear Foundation
A Washington State Non-Profit Corporation
TICKET TERMS AND EVENT PARTICIPATION POLICIES (“AGREEMENT”)
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AS IT IS A BINDING CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND PAPA BEAR FOUNDATION. YOU WILL BE BOUND TO ITS TERMS. IT PERMITS US TO COLLECT AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION, REDUCES THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGES YOU MAY RECOVER, AND SUBSTANTIALLY LIMITS YOUR RIGHTS TO CERTAIN REMEDIES, INCLUDING TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
- Who we are. Papa Bear Foundation (“Papa Bear”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”, “her”, or “she”) is a Washington State Non-Profit Corporation formed to promote togetherness amongst LGBTQ+ persons and increase public awareness and education in order to destroy prejudice and shatter stereotypes through exposé events featuring the people and lifestyles of our LGBTQ+ communities. Help us create a safe space to build relationships and be true to yourself.
- Who is welcome. All open-minded adults— aged 21 years or above— within the United States are welcome to visit Our site and attend Our functions, subject to the terms and conditions as set out in this Agreement, and that of Our third-party providers and event providers (“Party Peeps”), and also the other policies, requirements, and/or codes of conduct that we may implement from time to time, as we deem necessary, to protect the health, safety, and happiness of Our event participants.
- What you agree. By purchasing a ticket to any of Our events, or otherwise attending, participating, or accompanying an event attendant, you are agreeing to these ticket terms and participation policies. It is very important that you read and understand them as they reduce Our liability to you, and also limit your legal remedies. If you do not agree to these terms, do not purchase a ticket for yourself or others, or attend Our events. Remember, we keep things moving, so check back often to see whether we have posted any updates.
- Where to reach us. Although we mean business, please do not discuss business with us during events and kill Our jive. If you need to contact Papa Bear, you may reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at 151 11th Ave, B20, Seattle, Washington 98122. If you’re feeling particularly saucy, feel free to reach out to Our legal counsel by email at
Elijah@dathpllc.com, or phone at (425) 209-0040— he likes the sauce as much as you do.
- How to get help. If you have some extra cash, and would rather support us than give it all to Donald, consider making a tax-deductible charitable contribution to the Papa Bear Foundation. We are a certified 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, after all, and both your participation in Our events, and your donations help keep the mission moving. Just email us at the contact information above where we would be grateful to take any donation, no matter how small. We aren’t size queens.
- How much it costs. All Our ticket prices are posted on Our website and payment portals. While we do Our best to keep ticket prices as low as possible, and frequently offer discounts and promotions, if you are pinching pennies, We recommend purchasing early and often. That or go watch Bird Box on Netflix. No matter what you decide, remember Our ticket prices are subject to change at any time, and prices usually increase with demand. All prices are in United States Dollars, and we take all legal forms of payment.
- Where the money goes. All donations and ticket sales go to Our performers, artists, DJs, venues, operations, promoters, third-party providers, staff who work to fulfill Papa Bear’s Non-Profit mission, and towards Our future events and exposés. Honey, this is how We throw a party in Seattle!
- Who helps Us make it happen. We rely on Party Peeps, to fuel our events, Our website, and Our payment processing systems. They also require your agreement to their terms and conditions. Some of Our Party Peeps include, Jeffrey Sanker’s White Party Palm Springs, Dallas Purple Party, Redhook Brewpub, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, WooCommerce, Stripe, Wufoo, and Amazon Web Services. We will update you when We have more. For an instructional video on how to locate their terms of service, visit https://lmgtfy.com/?q=wufoo%20terms%20of%20service&s=g.
- What we give you. We grant you license to be yourself. And to use Our site for your own personal use. Keep in mind though that we aren’t committed, and the license We give you is non-exclusive, limited, freely revocable, and freely
terminable by Us at any time, for any reason— if we feel like it. We are also a bit selfish, so your license is also non-transferable. Any attempted transfer is void. Like Our attorney’s heart. Likewise, when you purchase a ticket to Our events, you purchase a license to attend for you or your guests only. These tickets are non-transferrable. All ticket sales by you to third-parties are forbidden, and will void the ticket.
- What you give us. Sky is the limit. By submitting your name, picture, text, comments, or other content through Our site, you grant Papa Bear and it’s Party Peeps permission to contact you, and also a worldwide, non-revocable, non- exclusive, royalty-free, license to use, copy, edit, alter, publish, and otherwise disseminate that content in connection with current and future events worldwide. If you would like to opt-out, don’t enter your information in our site. If you already entered your information, and would like it deleted from our database, please email us at the contact information above. You also represent and warrant that you have all right, title, and interest in, and to, the content you submit to us, and that none of it will cause harm to Papa Bear, it’s computers, it’s security measures, it’s Party Peeps, it’s other participants, or misrepresent yourself in any way. We will try to keep you on the DL, but keep in mind that the cameras area always rolling, and by attending Our events, you also Grant Us a worldwide, non-revocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to use, copy, edit, alter, publish, or otherwise disseminate your voice, image, and likeness for, or in connection with, Our, and our Party Peeps’, promotional purposes. So, if you feel like hiding—again, Bird Box. But don’t worry, you’ll have your looks—your pretty face. And don’t underestimate the importance of bodylanguage.
- What you cannot do. Stop trying to make fetch happen. And although you may have a dick, don’t be one. Don’t disrespect Papa Bear, it’s staff, or Party Peeps who work hard to help you have fun. Speaking of fun, we like to party too, but there is such a thing as too much of it. Don’t arrive at Papa Bear’s events intoxicated, and don’t bring illegal contraband, or weapons. Love yourself and others, but not too much. Papa Bear does not permit unlawful sexual activity at it’s events. Anyone discovered breaking Our Rules may be permanently banished from the scene.
- What we promise you. Our best efforts towards fun, safe, and expressive environment. That being said, we aren’t perfect, and life is dangerous. There are no guarantees, and if you don’t have any shadows, you aren’t in the light. Our site, and Party Peeps, are provided as they are, with all their faults. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING FITNESS OF A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY. WE DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT, OR GUARANTEE THAT ANY OF OUR OR OUR PARTY PEEPS SITES, EVENTS, OR GUESTS WILL BE FREE FROM HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PREPare yourself, bring protection.
- What you give up. Leave your troubles at the door. But also, your right to bring Papa Bear in front of a jury. Daylight doesn’t agree with her, and her peers ain’t there. You agree that We, Our Party Peeps, and any of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, or agents, will not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, for any indirect, punitive, special, consequential, incidental, or indirect damages, including but not limited to lost profits, cost of procuring substitute services, or lost opportunity, arising out of, or in connection with, the delay, or inability to use Our, or Our Party Peeps, websites, or attend Our events, even if We are aware of the possibility of such damage beforehand. YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY, AND TO BRING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, AND AGREE TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES WITH PAPA BEAR THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNT ABOVE THE TICKET PRICE YOU ACTUALLY PAID.
- How you protect Papa Bear. Papa’s good to you, so you be good to Papa. You agree to indemnify Papa Bear, and to defend, and hold her and her officers, directors, agents, contractors, employees, assigns, and Party Peeps harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising or relating to your use of her website, violation of these terms, and attendance at, or participation with, her events. Because We and Our legal counsel are tight, We reserve the right, at Our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any indemnification matter. It’s important to find your tribe, because this also extends to the guests you bring to events. Don’t create your own storm and get upset when it rains.
- Who owns what. We don’t dance we werk. All the trademarks, designs, copyrights, logos, and service marks (“Werk”) are Ours or Our Party Peeps exclusive property. Papa Bear reserves all rights not expressly granted to you, and you are prohibited from using her Werk for any purpose without her permission. But We know, everyone wants to be Us.
- How to get into events. Get your name on the list. The best way to get into Papa Bear’s events is to purchase tickets through the website in advance. After you purchase, We will send you a confirmation email. But technology isn’t perfect. If you have not received a confirmation email within 24-hours of purchase, contact Us and let us know immediately, We may also send you an e- ticket via email or text. Although we will do our best to locate your ticket at the door, without the email confirmation or e-ticket in hand, we may be unable to provide you entry, even if you have paid. It is your responsibility to have all your tickets in order, and to check the event details for location, hours of operation, and entry instructions.
- What to expect at the door and inside. Guurl we known what you did last night, and now you’re concerned about personal space? We employ the most
professional sexiest security staff we can find. And Papa Bear likes to keep it tight. So, prepare to get personal. Our security staff will do whatever is necessary to ensure your safety and that of Papa Bears guests, Party Peeps, performers, and staff. Pack your own bags, and get ready for close contact at points of entry and exit. While staff won’t perform a body cavity search, and while we are sure your outfits are already pretty revealing, keep in mind that security staff have the final say on who gets in, and who must leave. If the idea of being patted down by people in uniform upsets you, again—Bird Box. Also, while Papa Bear does not wait in lines, you may have to. Papa Bear cannot guarantee lines of a certain length, nor provide priority or expeditated treatment to anyone.
- How to prepare. If you don’t know already, we can’t help. Nothing fun happens without some risk. Some of Our events are held outside, in poorly lit and crowded places, and with loud and potentially ear-drum damaging beats. You hereby assume any and all risk to you and your guests associated with Our events, or your and your guests’ attendance. And you waive all claims against Papa Bear for any injuries sustained by you, emotional, physical, or otherwise, by attending. Some risks include injury to life and limb from dancing too hard, heart attack or physical exhaustion from dancing too hard, injury to life and limb from other people dancing too hard, getting lost in the woods, feeling homesick while at camp, coming into contact with dangerous non-human wildlife, abrasive or penetrating skin contact with stage equipment, pyrotechnics, or electricity, emotional trauma from rejection, disfigurement, forces of nature, dehydration, sexual and spiritual awakenings, and other harms arising from your failure to follow instructions provided by Papa Bear, her staff, or her Party Peeps.
- How to score. Papa Bear wants you to score a win. But safety and consent are a must. For more information on safer sex practices, click here. To learn more about PREP and reduce transmission of HIV, click here. To learn about prescriptions for PREP, visit your doctor, or the WA Dept. of Health’s website, by clicking here. Papa Bear also believes in obtaining affirmative consent from your sexual partners prior to initiating sexual contact. For more information on affirmative consent and determining whether you have it, click here. To learn even more about consent, and watch instructional videos in the presence of other students, attend the annual educational seminar hosted by Dan Savage, by clicking here.
- If the S**t hits the fan. While Our usual go-to line is, “oh please, it’s just, I don’t know, drizzling,” there are some events that are out of Our control. Papa Bear is not responsible for cancellations, delays, or rescheduling of events as a result of circumstances beyond it’s control, even if they knew they could happen. This includes, civil unrest, police and fire controls, partial or total destruction of event space, talent cancellations, labor disputes, acts of nature, health emergencies, or any other circumstance not within the reasonable control of Papa Bear. If any of these events occur, Papa Bear may restructure, cancel, rescheduled, or delay an event, or all of the above, depending on how it is feeling. Although you may
have a ticket to an event, that ticket does not guarantee the event will actually occur at the date, time, or place originally stated, or that the artist or performer advertised will actually be the one performing. If an event cannot proceed as originally planned, Papa Bear will do whatever it can to ensure the event will still proceed, even if at another time and place, or with an alternate talent lineup, and will work to provide prompt updates through their website and Facebook accounts. If changes to the event occur from circumstances outside of Papa Bear’s control, and you are no longer able or willing to attend, you understand that Papa Bear will work to provide you entry to another event in the future, but may be unable to provide you a full refund of the ticket price.
- How to get your money back. All sales are final, and We do not provide refunds. However, if you get to feeling that this bish better have your money, We can probably work something out. But under no circumstances will you receive a refund for shipping and handling, or processing fees, or for an event that has already passed if you break this agreement, are late or miss a function as a result of your own action or inaction, or as a result of the above-mentioned circumstances outside Papa Bear’s control. To request a refund prior to the event start-day, or to request attendance to a future event, reach out to us through the contact information above. That being said, Papa—she works hard for the money. And so do you. So, we will werk towards your satisfaction, even though we cannot guarantee it.
- Who we love. It’s always wrong to hate, but its never wrong to love. While we love all Our performers, staff, officers, directors, Party Peeps, website visitors, and event participants, we do not endorse them. Papa Bear is not responsible for the opinion, advice, or statements made by anyone we love, and We are not responsible for any loss or damage cause to you by your reliance on any information provided by them, or through their websites, unless an arbitrator, judge, or the attorneys’ general say so. Better to have loved and lost.
- Where we get serious. We love Cascadia. Don’t ask us to leave it. Because we are based in the United States’ beautiful pacific northwest, in the state of Washington, both you, and We, are subject to its laws and regulations. You agree to abide by all United States and Washington State laws regarding Our website and events, and understand that this agreement will be construed and enforced in accordance with those laws. If you want to have a legal drag race, Our attorney will be happy to do so, but only in the Washington State’s King County, where all disputes arising from this agreement or your attendance of Our events may be resolved.
- Where to discuss content. Papa Bear supports artists. If you feel that you are the owner of a valid copyright in content posted on Our website or used in conjunction with Our events, and seek to have the content removed pursuant to Title 17, USC, Section 512(c)(2), please send us information verifying your
copyright ownership, including your name, title of the copyrighted work, and contact information to Our attorney at the contact information listed above.
- When we are done. It’s better to burn out than fade away. But, We will tell you when We’re done. This agreement lasts for as long as you are using Our website, schedule to attend Our events, attend Our events, purchase tickets to Our events for your friends, and continues on for as long as is enforceable, not to exceed ten years. We may permanently or temporarily terminate your access to Our website, or to Our events whenever we feel like it, for any reason, and without prior notice to you. But remember, that even if we terminate your access, you are still bound by these terms. So, if you don’t agree with them, don’t visit Our site, or purchase tickets to O ur events.
Who we are
Our website address is: www.veroticaevents.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.